Thursday, December 8, 2011

Happy Happy Birthday to you!

Today 20 years ago Trevor and I had our first not so little baby girl.  She came into this world about a week overdue, and I was so not ready to be a parent (and the jury is still out).  I was so freaked out that they (the Hospital people) would actually let me take her home, and they weren't going to be checking up on me.  I was so scared, happy, overwhelmed, excited, and well just WOW!  Not only was she our first but also my parents first grandchild!  (I think they kind of like her a bit) So here she is 20 years later going to collage planning her future making all kids of awesome decisions all by her self despite everything I did to mess her up!


Here she is so happy to be with her family celebrating her birthday just and she does every other day of her life with this imperfect body, enjoying every good moment, and making the best of the bad!  She is amazing, and I have loved every one of the 631,138,519 seconds of those 20 years and feel very blessed to be apart of her life!

I forgot to get candles ( I always do) we waited till she got home from school about 9:30ish

So we let her open her presents and have the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake (which I left the sugar out of) But not to worry I get a second chance to do it right tomorrow when we have her birthday dinner with her Grandpa Rice

Since she was going to be late getting home I went out to a Christmas party and I lost the game so I ended up with this totally amazing hat!


and yes we actually woke up Edward for her little celebration!


Even Oliver had to try the hat on!

2 comments:

Becky said...

tears...of joy of course. I love that girl and I am so proud of her! It's amazing how God can be so great!

Love ya!
Becky

Mary Jarman, LCSW said...

Lots of love to Adreienne. Words can't even describe how much we love her and her influence in our family. I love that my girls have such an incredible older cousin and role model to look up to!