Thursday, October 13, 2011

NO THIS IS NOT A SUGER HIGH!!!!

I am on such a high right now, and it isn't from all the marshmallows I ate either!  I found a great script for the Eagle Court of Honor, then I mixed it with an out door campfire theme....It was such a blast, and everyone did their part so well.  Before we started I told the kids to just stand up and belt out their part, don't hold anything back....and well the delivered so well.  When we had to switch the dates I was very worried that it wouldn't work out.  I had to call around and find different boys to do the parts.  The toughest part was the lack of scout leaders, we have so many leaders who have to go out of town during the week, and some only come home once a month all in the name of providing for their families...what awesome leaders!  So I need to come up with someone to be the chairperson and present Oliver with the Eagle award.  Bro. Sanford just coming to mind (I think it is the last name reminding me of Grandpa), he wasn't in the scouting program in our ward at all, but I gave him a call and he so stepped up and did an awesome job.  I really wanted to video tape it but with it being out doors, and no microphones I really didn't think it would work.  So here are some highlights!!
Trevor Hatcher Conducted, and he spoke up and stayed on task and did an amazing job!

Jacob Hatcher called for the  flag ceremony!  Again spoke up and just took control! 

Bro. Sanford starting the Award Program.  I wish Oliver was a little closer, but he just wouldn't look at me trying to get him to move over.
The boys would just stand up where they were sitting and say their part right on cue they were so awesome!

Reciting the Eagle promise...

And now for the award!!!

Bro. Sanford had Trevor actually pin on the award for him.



Now for the parents award



Each Eagle in our Stake gets a neckerchief with an Eagle embroidered on. There is a gal in our ward that does that kind of work.  I will have to get a close up because it is nice!

Bro. Miles the Stake young man's president.


Bro. Savage was honored as his mentor...He had 4 super awesome leaders in Kuna, 2 have passed away, and one has had to move away from the Treasure Valley for a job.  That made it kind of easy for Oliver to pick one.


K this is a classic picture because this is Oliver sitting in his original camp chair from when he started scouts (can you believe it lasted 6 years) It is warn, and has some little holes in it from sitting to close to the fire, but it is his Sponge Bob chair!


Now for the fun!

We had marshmallows, grand crackers, chocolate, fudge strip cookies, and starbursts!


 It was such an awesome Court of Honor, Jerri stepped up and chased after Edward during the program, and after, and then Autumn took over, the at one point we all headed off to the church, and I hollered back "Trevor you have Edward" and he said a no I don't.  One of Oliver's friends went back and picked him up and brought him in.  Oh what a fantabulous evening! Oh and did I mention the day couldn't have been more perfect.  It has been cold and rainy....When I dropped off the script for Bro. Sanford, in the poring rain, he said and we are having this out side?  Oh ya I told him it will be a nice day.  He looked at me with a little sceptically....but he was very impressed with the way the weather turned out.  I think the high was close to 70 and then it cooled down nicely after the sun went down. 

1 comment:

Becky said...

You are the best mom, Beth! I just love how you took your situation and made the best out of it! I TRULY wish we could have been there for that! I can't wait to share your blog with Jordan when he gets home from school! I can't say thank you enough for the example your family sets for us in EVERY way! Love ya!