Saturday, October 15, 2011

Looking For Grandma

Today we headed out to Fruitland to spend some time with Trevor's parents.  Arden was preforming and a cowboy band/poetry thing.  As we come into Fruitland we start calling his mother...probably 15 times.  She didn't answer.  We start driving around, and end up and Ontario, OR! (really they are just across the river from each other)  So we turn around and stop and ask for directions.  I really don't even know if we are still in Fruitland, so that was the first question....Where am I?  We really thought that Janette told us they would be at the farmers market, then she told us it wasn't a farmers market, it was a farm with a huge produce stand, and hay rides, and that is were we should come because the kids would really like it.  So I as for something like that, I am directed to go back the way we came about 5 miles and turn left right before we get to I-84.  We find it no problem, but his parents aren't there.  So we decide to go on the hayride out to the pumpkin patch and get some pumpkins.  On the ride we start talking to some of the other people and we were then informed that the Cowboys are preforming at the old school in Fruitland all day today and then again tonight.  Well by the time we get back to the car it is 2pm and we need to get back to Boise (1 hour trip) to pick up Braden from his PSAT.

This was a cute little farm, with a ton of produce...I should have gotten a few pictures of the produce stand!

Edward about fell through the steering wheel!





The little girl that sat across from me I loved her shirt. it says " My Brother drive's me BANANAS!"


No I am not in pain...just the sun in my eyes!

Fishy Face!



Yes this pumpkin she picked out is over 50 lbs.  There where others there that were much bigger, I am glad she settled for this one!

I just love this picture!

On the return trip I looked over and Trevor had this squash bug crawling on him, he almost flicked it away, but I saw that Edward saw it and had him leave it alone....

He tries to pick it up and...

It starts climbing on him.  He just sat there and watched it.   After this we drove past a field that has sheep in it and when he saw them I knew he knew what they were.  In the book "the busy little spider" that his Grandma Campbell got him it has all kinds of animals and what they say.  He thought that was really cool to finally see one.
I don't expect anyone to believe this but yes I bought some flowers.  I just thought they were cool sunflowers, and kind of fit the season.  
So in the end we never did not find Grandma, she did call back once, but never left a message,  but we did have a really good time.  After we got Braden picked up we sent Adrienne down to pick up Trevor's dad, and he came over and watched the game with us.  I ask him if he wanted to watch a movie when it got over, and he said he would start one but would probably go home early....well he is still here and the movie is almost over.  Yes over all it has been an awesome day!

No comments: