Thursday, July 7, 2011

7Up (Sprite) Chicken

Basic ingredients: 
1 pound bacon
1-2 cups flour depending on how much chicken you use (1 cup per gallon zip lock bag)
8 chicken breast or 12 thighs
 seasoning salt
Garlic powder
pepper
Carrots 
potatoes
Mushrooms (a bunch)
onions
1 can of 7-UP
Butter/margarine
So this is what I did.  The chicken was was cut into slices, and I put them in a zip lock bag with lots of season salt  & garlic powder, (this is the only seasoning you use).  I cut the bacon up and cooked it up.  I took it out and then browned the chicken (in 2 batches). Leave the extra flour in the pot.  I used baby carrots because I hate to pill and cut carrots. Peel and cut up the potatoes, and chop up the onions and mushrooms (unless you got the presliced mushrooms), and no I am not lazy I just hate cutting up stuff! 

So when the chicken is browned, through in all the potatoes, carrots, onions, and mushrooms you want, slice the butter on top, and dump on the sprite or 7up.  Cook it in the dutch oven for about 45 minutes or an hour, or until it is done.  Stir it and check on it every now and again.   YUM YUM!

1 comment:

Esther said...

I'm going to make this soon so I can make it again when we have friends over. As good as it was, I'm sure I could mess it up if I didn't try it out first.